Saturday, October 11, 2008
Work
The past few days at work has been non-stop writing addresses on thank you postcards, sending out first time donor packets, oh not to mention the six hundred plus letters that had to be stuffed, stamped, and sealed. I have a system of doing these... for the thank you postcards I write all the addresses out and then put the stamp on them, for the first time donor packets I run the report, put it into Access and mail merge it in Word (along with the labels for the envelopes) and then put the stamp on it, for the letters, well that's a whole other story. Those letters were supposed to be mailed out in August, but just like last year, PDP got behind and didn't get them to us until oh mid-to end September. Also, they weren't really in order according to how the envelopes were so I had the wonderful opportunity to find the weird way PDP put them which was in order, but backwards and in different piles, but all in all, I got the frustrating job done. My boss said that I could get a job in a mail room any day and that I have a lot more patience then he does. Hopefully next year everything will run smoothly and the letters will actually get out when they're supposed to. Oh, I also was photographed for a new mailing. It's one for Young Alumni. Cool huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment