(Courtesy of Wikipedia) "Dead week is a slang term for the week before final exams in the United States of America. During this period some students will suffer from sleep deprivation, increased irritability, and stress. At some schools this week is referred to as Hell Week or Reading Period. Depending on the school there may also be a moratorium on paper assignments, exams, and student organizational activities during dead week. Many schools have a tradition, known by various names, where students open their doors and windows and scream as loudly as they can (usually at midnight) on one or all nights of this week.
Most professors don't understand that DEAD WEEK isn't code for assign more homework and projects just to make students miserable... Seriously, I think I've had more homework and last minute assignments thrown at me than ever before. And yes, I am blogging, but that's just because I finished my assignments that are due tomorrow and I have this weekend to study for my finals. I have a final in EVERY class... that's a first. I can't wait till next week to be done with my first semester of junior year. After this semester, only a year and half till I'm done with college... then what am I going to do? I don't know for sure, but I have time to figure it out. Work is going great...
Oh, we are in the midst of doing a mailing consisting of stuffing and sealing approximately 20,000 envelopes. Yes, I wrote 20,000. I spent five hours today doing just that. I'll get to spend three and a half or more tomorrow continuing the process. Goodness gracious. I am grateful that it's brainless work though, otherwise I think my head would explode, and then it'd ruin all our work and my co-workers would have to clean up after me. Not so fun... I will take the stuffing and sealing envelopes over any other work though... I wonder how many people will even open what we are mailing out... watch out alumni of USU.
No comments:
Post a Comment