Friday, January 09, 2009

Why can't dinosaurs talk?

Because they're dead.
Great joke huh? I heard it over break and I really found it funny. Get ready for a LONG post. Well, my break officially started on December 17 when I left Utah for Washington. My flight was delayed because of snow in LAS VEGAS. Good thing I can keep myself occupied. "The cure for boredom is curiousity. There is no cure for curiousity" Ellen Parr nice quote eh? I was so happy to get home although it was snowing. I really am not a fan of the snow. Sure, it's beautiful but who really likes being cold? I know I don't. I left Utah to get OUT of the snow, and flew into the snow in Washington. Bah. Here's our backyard covered in snow.Anyway, being home is the best because I don't have to work, do schoolwork, or drive. Oh the joy. I went to the dentist and had to get some sealants fixed... they numbed my mouth quite a bit (see photo) That was also the first day of me getting sick. Yes, I spent the majority of break sick and on medicine that didn't work. I did get nasal spray. I never had used it before. Kinda weird. We drank ample amounts of sparkling cider and had some nice burps (or I did at least... people don't believe such a loud noise can come out of such a small person) Pizza and sparkling cider is a good mix for burping. Our rescued tree with Yoda on top.
Christmas was great! We didn't start our festivities till later at night. We rescued a tree (well Tony actually did all the work), ate our traditional dinner (ham, heavenly potatoes, peas, sparkling cider), hit a pirate pinata with Speed, Strength, and Power (there's a picture of the clubs later on in this post), read the birth story of Jesus, opened family presents, made signs for our spots, and went to bed all in the same room while watching Jingle All the Way. I had to leave before the movie ended because it wasn't very comfortable on the floor and I didn't want to wake up my siblings with my cough. We tried to sleep in but Dad decided to wake us all up. After we opened presents, we made scones and hedge-a-cogga (spelling?) which was delicious. Then it was nap time. I forgot how much I love napping. It's great. We played Raving Rabbids on the Wii and got really sore. Once we got ready, we went and saw Bedtime Stories at the theatre. Such a funny movie. The rest of the break was spent relaxing, drinking quite a bit of sparkling cider, playing Raving Rabbids (number 2), hanging out, and just having a good time.

New Year's Eve was fun. We hit a unicorn pinata this time around. Oh here's the picture I said would be later and here it is...
Our pinatas over the years... pirate, donkey, dinosaur, and unicorn. So fun!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We love sparkling cider. We drank a few more bottles after this picture was taken...

This break was fun. I had a tough time leaving Washington. I am glad to be somewhat busy. School is going to kick my butt this semester, and it doesn't help that it's cold outside. BRR! I survived my first week of school. WAHOO! Only about 15 more weeks... Anyway, thanks for reading this blog. I will have to do a separate post for the walk around Chambers Bay Golf Course that we went on our last day in University Place.

No comments: