This will be a long post...
Well folks, this year has started off pretty darn great. I got to be in Washington for New Year's and I was with my family. What more could I want? Anyway, we took a little trip down to Oregon... Seaside, Cannon Beach, and Portland. It was a fun vacation within a vacation. We stopped at the Costco in Seaside for lunch and then headed to Cannon Beach.
For once it wasn't too windy on the beach and we got there as the sun was setting. We had a lot of fun taking photos and being with each other.
Leslie and Tyler spun on the beach... Mom and Tony tried...
I got some nice pictures of the sun setting and of Haystack Rock... and did some cartwheels.
After playing on the beach, we headed to Bruce's Candy Kitchen and then to Pizza a'fetta for dinner. It's probably the best pizza crust out there... just sayin'.
Finally, we headed to Portland to the Embassy Suites to stay for the night. We played Things (it's a hilarious game that I recommend playing in a large group) and hunkered down for the night. I slept on couch cushions in my footie pjs. Then we got up for the continental breakfast. After eating and getting ready for the day, we headed to the mall in Tigard and shopped. We were all shopped out (at least Tony was), so we headed back to University Place for our New Year's Eve celebration.
It was very low-key and mellow. We were having a tough time staying awake, so we played Farkle and Uno. We did make it and banged pots and pans at midnight. Then we all promptly went to bed. We were exhausted from our mini vacation. New Year's Day we went on a walk around Chambers Bay. Leslie and I looked like we were could be in Tron (thank you black running leggings and awesome thumb hole jacket from Costco). We got to go across the bridge to the beach and play on the driftwood and throw rocks. It was pretty rad.
That concludes my Washington trip for the holidays. It was extremely fun and interesting. This year will start another chapter of my life... GRAD SCHOOL! Wish me luck! I also get to start training for my second Ragnar race: The Northwest Passage. I sure hope my left leg will cooperate with me. If you made it through this post, I commend you. Have a great year everyone!!!




3 comments:
Oh my heck I love Tron. We are dorks!
Aww Al, looks like you had fun! Yay! Oh by the way, you look gorgeous in the first pic!
I kinda want to go see Tron again... we are dorks for sure! I think every year we fall in love with something fictional and become major nerds about it (The Hunger Games for example) and now Tron. HAHA!
Mel, thanks!!!
Post a Comment