Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

Eighth grade. Such a long time ago. I remember going into my parent's bedroom with my family and watching the second plane crash into the other tower. Have you ever had that feeling of seeing something happen or experiencing something so surreal, it doesn't register in your brain that it ACTUALLY happened? Well, 9/11 was one of those experiences. I remember going through the whole day just in a daze. I can't imagine how families coped or are still coping after all these years. It's a hard thing to have someone with you one day and then gone the next. When I was a junior in high school, I had the opportunity to go to Ground Zero on the Celebrate America Tour (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, DC). It was very peaceful yet heart wrenching. There were notes and pictures and flowers and mementos. It made me realize how lucky I am to still have my life, even though sometimes I complain about little things. I hope we can all remember this day. September 11 will always be there in the back of our minds. Let us not forget. God Bless America.

No comments: