Monday, June 22, 2009

RAGNAR

I love my family. I got to be part of the support team for Team on 3 during the Ragnar Relay/Wasatch Back Relay. Logan to Park City. Lots of miles. It was a blast, minus the not sleeping and having no clear directions... anyway, here are some of my favorite memories of the weekend...
  • Waking up extra early Friday morning because I couldn't sleep any longer.
  • Aunt Sue buying lots of delicious snacks for the ride.
  • Constantly being asked to run Neil's legs by Neil.
  • Playing SCUM and Taylor asking me "Who are you?" and responding "I'm Alli Brown."
  • Not being able to sleep on the grass because I felt like ants were crawling on me, which was not fun.
  • Sara and I playing Egyptian Rat Screw with the Las Vegas Cards.
  • Being bike support for 17 miles and having bike bum.
  • Rapping in the car... CHA.
  • Singing Disney songs and telling jokes.
  • Enlightening my family with my mother's little ditties about Mr. Peanut and Ooey Gooey.
  • Eating Trail Mix at 3 in the morning.
  • Trying to sleep in the car.
  • Sleeping in the hallway of a high school on the floor with all the lights on.
  • Yelling to Jamie and asking her if she was okay while running (her music was up really loud).
  • Riding next to Sara and singing to my music.
  • Having Sara run down the middle of the road and running through the cow smell.
  • The Slow Clap.
  • Getting really weird after not getting much sleep. It's true, the more tired we are, the weirder we get.
  • Talking to my mom and telling her where Aunt Sue and I were.
  • RAGNAR! Burninating the countryside! RAGNAR!
  • Being squished in the car.
  • Flagen-Floogen.
  • Having the best company for two days.
  • Getting back to Logan and sleeping for a little bit, grocery shopping, Chinese food, movie and then bed before it got dark.
  • Falling asleep on Aunt Sue's shoulder in the back of the car.
  • Being freezing cold waiting outside in the rain and wind.
  • Sunburned part.
  • Trying to sit on my bum for church. That was a hoot.
  • Just being with my family and having fun.
  • Not worrying about real life.
  • Lots of inside jokes and memories.
I sure do love my family. Thanks for a great weekend everyone! Sara did a similar post, we cousins think alike. There are probably many more memories, but I just can't think of any more right now.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Please tell me, is this why there were all the painted cars Friday morning?

apb said...

Yep, that's why there were so many painted/decorated cars. You are correct!

Joni said...

bike bum....awesome.

Unknown said...

Oh sure...blame it on the cows