Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WOO HOO!

I got an early Christmas present...


I AM ACCEPTED TO USU FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL!


I start my Master's Degree in Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences at Utah State University in January. It's been a crazy past couple of days. I got accepted on Friday, had to accept the acceptance, and had to enroll in classes and pay tuition all on one day! It was insane, but I am excited and nervous and just weird. I am such a nerd. It will be hard work but I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge. 


The following is from the USU website and it explains what Instructional Technology is...


"Instructional technology is a systematic way of analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating the processes of learning and teaching with specific objectives based on research in human learning and communication. It employs a combination of human and nonhuman resources to bring about more effective instruction. Instructional technology includes aspects of instructional design, product development, interactive learning technologies, multimedia, distance education, and library and information literacy. Each aspect of the field has unique contributions to make to the teaching-learning process."

I am ready to go back to school!