Sunday, February 15, 2009
Sundays are Great
Today has been a fun day. A very relaxing, yet productive day. I had stake conference today. I had the opportunity to say the OPENING PRAYER! It was quite the experience. I was happy I didn't trip going up the stairs at the Tabernacle. The speakers were great. The major points were: trust in the Lord, Satan is ruthless but he cannot counterfeit peace, we need to be resilient to the attacks of Satan and know the Lord will always be there and He loves us, we need to be a light unto the world and be examples (you never know when someone is watching you AND you never know how much you will help someone without even knowing it), everything will turn out how it is supposed to... I thought of the line from Galaxy Quest "NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!" Our Stake President talked about how our strengths can be weaknesses, but if we are humble, we shouldn't have a problem and we should always be teachable. It was a great conference. After conference, I went to Aunt Sue's for lunch (chicken, red potatoes, broccoli, corn, rolls) and it was delicious. Then I did some homework and took a nap. I love naps! At 5, we went to another family dinner (chicken, onion potatoes, cheesy beans, jell-o, fruit salad fluff, rolls). It was scrumptious. We ALWAYS have the best food at family get togethers. They are way awesome. I don't have school or work tomorrow! WAHOO! I am going to sleep in as long as possible and then work on a project for a class and maybe start writing the other five-page paper that's due on Thursday. This has been a great Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment