Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thors-day!

It's almost the weekend! WAHOO! I will be spending most of the weekend catching up on reading, writing papers, and making a PowerPoint presentation about the Battle of Fredericksburg. Oh and I have to do laundry... I am out of knee socks (they keep part of my legs warm).

Last night I went to a Women and Gender Studies Club meeting. We colored barbies for the "Reinventing Barbie Bash" in March. March is Women's History Month. Pretty neat. People are great. It is really interesting to learn about how we separate male and female. We socially construct gender (which means we create and destroy how we think men and women 'should' be) and it's fun to watch people talk about gender. Learning about these ideas has really made me think about how much we really do create ideas about masculinity and femininity and stereotypes that come along with those beliefs. I find it fascinating to see how gender has changed over the centuries. Everyone should be entitled to the same opportunities as everyone else. We just need to find the balance...

"I am no man" -Eowyn

On another note, the Aggies are ranked in the Top 25! WAHOO! Go AGGIES!

No comments: