Thursday, February 19, 2009

KEN GRIFFEY JR!

My all-time FAVORITE baseball player in the whole world is coming back to Seattle! WAHOO! My room was covered in posters of Griffey PLUS I have a life-size cardboard cut-out of him... it used to freak us out when we would be coming down the hill by our house and we saw a shadow in the bonus room window (it was just Griffey looking out for us). I am so excited! I am definitely making a trip up to Washington to watch a game at least. I remember just being in awe of him when I was little and I was heartbroken when he left the M's, but it's all good now! A couple of my favorite moments of watching him play would be the dog pile on home plate after Edgar Martinez's double in the 1995 season playoffs (see the picture) and watching him scale the center field wall repeatedly (even when he broke his wrist).In other news, today was a bright, sunny day in Logan. I LOVE it! Oh, my 9:00 class got cancelled yet again... so I went to the library, did some reading and took a nap on my favorite chair. It was needed. I am stoked that it's Thursday... tomorrow is Friday and then I get to sleep in on Saturday! YAY! I love sleeping. I have found that I can sleep just about anywhere now as long as I have music to listen to or earplugs.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Road trip to see Griffey!!! Yeeee!