Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Sabbath

Today I had the opportunity to go to Stake Conference. It was really good. I love it when you hear things that you know you need to hear. It's just wonderful! What I got out of it was that we need to rescue those in need, we need to feel worthy and good enough (if we don't, we should work on it), we all need to have a change of heart, and that we are immensely loved by our Heavenly Father. That last one always hits me the hardest. No matter how much we mess up, He is always there for us with open arms waiting for us to come back to him. We need to get back to Him. It's like how our parents down here are looking out for us... Heavenly Father is looking out for EVERYONE. That in itself is pretty amazing.


After that, we headed over to Grandma Pat's for lunch and got to see some more family. Emily, my cousin, has an interview tomorrow at USU for a scholarship. She will do great! 


Finally, we went to The Joseph Smith Memorial Fireside. Elder Ballard spoke to an almost filled Spectrum. It is a wonderful feeling to be in the presence of such a great man of God. I just love the gospel. I really do. He spoke about how the Lord prepared a way for Joseph Smith to restore the gospel to this modern day. Generation upon generation helped in the cause. There is a plan. Heavenly Father knows what we need, when we need it. He doesn't do things on a whim. It is comforting for me to know that He is always there and that His Son, our Big Brother, suffered so much for us so we can live with Him again. The gospel is really true. I have a testimony of the truthfulness and how much we can learn from having it in our lives. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love you, Alli.
You are a great girl.